Support from a trained home visiting volunteer?
We support families with at least one child under the age of five who may need support for the following reasons:
- Loneliness and isolation
- Relationship problems
- Coping with twins,triplets or several pre-school children
- Illness, disability or special needs
- Lone parenthood
- Post-natal depression
- Deal with a child’s/children’s behavioural problems
- Victims of domestic abuse
We are unable to offer home visiting for child protection families
You can refer yourself please ring us (01634 570717)
If you want to refer someone in to our service, referrals should be made by telephone to the Home-Start office (01634 570717). The referrals will only be accepted if you have the parent’s permission to request our service.
How to refer a family
- Ensure the family comes under the criteria specified above
- Discuss Home-Start support with the family – they MUST agree to receive the offer of Home-Start support
- Contact the Area Co-ordinator who will discuss the referral with you by telephone.
- Set up an initial visit with the family to discuss their needs and tell them all about Home-Start
- Let you know when Home-Start support starts and ends
- Keep you informed, within confidentiality guidelines, about progress and outcomes.
If you are unsure of what you need to do or need help please contact us.